Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Camosun and Media Assignment


Camosun and Media Szajnzinger January 23, 2019

Outside of when it is required by school, or when I hear about something by a friend or acquaintance, I spend little time listening to news reports in any form. I hardly ever read the newspaper as the medium is lost on me if I were to read something like that its generally online. Outside of when my phone is dead or I am in someone else’s care I do not listen to the radio, preferring to listen to music off of my phone. I exclusively watch television online, Netflix or otherwise, which means that I see few news reports through that medium. Finally online, is where I get the few news reports I do read, whether it’s through Reddit, YouTube, or occasionally Facebook. Most important news that I might be interested in, I learn about through others, and then look them up on my own.
Public relations for Camosun College is certainly necessary to some extent. The announcements for the beer garden, and the week each semester with all the stations are good PR for the school. Providing an avenue to develop a closer relationship with the school for some students. It is also important to spread information about the school to nearby high schools and though I don’t know how it’s done having a relationship with other countries for international students. However, outside of minimal public relations it may not be important for the school to continue running. There will always be a number of students coming in as long as the school teaches programs well. The part of it where the school is on an island demands in some ways for students to simply go to their local college. This may be out of laziness or because it is simply not cost effective to do schooling elsewhere, however this is a fact that many students go to Camosun because it is the closest college to where they are born.

No comments:

Post a Comment